Week 4 – Check Your Understanding
1. From the apprehension of the relationships natant the several genesis capacitys, finished the subjoined table: (3 points)
Variable Input L
Sum Result TPL (=Q)
Mediocre Result APL
Ultimate Result MPL
Mix of Fish Caught Per Week (Hundreds of Pounds)
2. The mix of fish caught per week on a trawler is a capacity of the herd magnitude assigned to have-effect the boat. Based on gone-by axioms, the subjoined genesis list was developed: (3 points)
Over what collocate of workers are there:
a. Increasing ultimate profits _______________________
b. Decreasing ultimate profits _______________________
c. Negative ultimate profits ________________________
3. Suppose the firm’s genesis capacity is consecrated by the subjoined relationship:
Q = 5 L 0.8 K 0.2
Where the exponents of L (labor) and K (capital) are interpreted as the urban input elasticities of strive and cardinal, respectively.
a. Determine the percentage extension in output (Q) if strive (L) is extensiond by 10 % period cardinal is held continuous.
b. Determine the percentage extension in output (Q) if cardinal (K) is extensiond by 20 % period strive is held continuous.
c. Determine the percentage extension in output (Q) if twain strive (L) and cardinal (K) are extensiond by 20 %.
4. Consider the subjoined Cobb Douglas Genesis capacity restraint the fellow-subject gait scheme in a point city: (3 points)
Q = aLb1Fb2Kb3
Where L = strive input in worker hours
F= fuel input in gallons
K = cardinal input in mix of fellow-subjectes
Q = output measured in millions of fellow-subject miles
The values of the parameters are: (Hint: See the exposition of the exponents in Question 3.)
a = 0.0024
b1 = 0.50
b2 = 0.30
b3 = 0.15
a. Suppose that the strive input (L) is extensiond by 2% contiguous year (with the other inputs held continuous). Determine the resemble percentage veer in output (Q).
b. Suppose that the cardinal input (K) is decreased by 2% contiguous year (with the other inputs held continuous). Determine the resemble percentage veer in output (Q).
c. What symbol of profits to layer appears to specify this fellow-subject gait scheme? (Hint: gather the exponents up. If the mix exceeds 1, there is increasing profits to layer, if it is short than 1, there is decreasing profits to layer, and if it correspondents 1, there is continuous profits to layer.)
1. A regular genesis scheme employs barely strive (L). Output (Q) is a capacity of strive consecrated by the subjoined relationship: (3 points)
Where MPL = 1200L – 300L2
Determine the mediocre result capacity restraint input L.
Find the mix of units of input L that maximizes the sum result capacity.
(Hint: determined MPL correspondent to cipher and unfold restraint L.)
Find the mix of units of input L that maximizes the mediocre result capacity. (Hint: determined MPL correspondent to the APL equation ground in divorce “a” and unfold restraint L.)
2. During the ultimate scant days the Superior Company has been popular into problems with its computer scheme. The ultimate reach of the genesis consume list resulted in the infinished listing shown beneath. From your apprehension of consume speculation, replenish in the blanks. (6 points)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more