This project will involve applying the three sociological theories (conflict theory, structural functionalism, and symbolic interactionism) to the TV show of your choice. F
or this project, you must write a 2-3 page double-spaced analysis of a video. You need to:
- Pick a TV Show
- Provide a short summary of your TV show (What is the video about? Clarity is important!)
- Separately, explain how conflict theory, structural functionalism, and symbolic interactionism would view TV show. Thoroughly explain using sociological concepts/terms.
- Which paradigm do you think is most represented in your TV show? Explain
You will submit your work here in the CANVAS system as a Word 97-2003, .docx or another wordprocessing file (Google Docs, Open Office are also acceptable).
- TV Show Summary: 5 points (Clarity is important)
- Interpretation of Conflict Theory, Structural Functionalism, and Symbolic Interactionism: 10 points (must be thorough)
- Most Represented Paradigm: 5 Points (Explanation of selected paradigm: why did you select your particular paradigm? How does your paradigm explain your video/DVD? Thoroughly explain).
- Usage of sociological concepts: 5 points