Quanitative methods and analysis | Human Resource Management homework help
In each of the assignments in this course, you will be dealing with the following scenario: American Intellectual Union (AIU) has assembled a team of researchers in the United States and around the world to study job satisfaction. Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in this massive global undertaking.
The study will require that you examine data, analyze the results, and share the results with groups of other researchers. Job satisfaction is important to companies large and small, and understanding it provides managers with insights into human behavior that can be used to strengthen the company’s bottom line.
The data set for the study is a sample of a survey conducted on the population of the American Intellectual Union (AIU). This session’s unique data set may be found in the LEARNING MATERIALS and it contains the following nine sections of data that will be used throughout our course:
- Overall Job Satisfaction
- Intrinsic Job Satisfaction—Satisfaction with the actual performance of the job
- Extrinsic Job Satisfaction—external to the job, for example, office location, your work colleagues, your own office (cubicle/hard walled office, etc),
- Benefits—Health insurance, pension plan, vacation, sick days, etc.
In the first assignment you are to complete the following:
- You will need to examine two of the nine sections of data:
- one section of qualitative data (choose either Gender or Position)
- one section of quantitative data (choose either Intrinsic or Extrinsic)
- Each section should include all data points listed in the column for the variable. The requirements include:
- Identify the data you selected.
- Explain why the data was selected.
- Explain what was learned by examining these sets of data.
- Your analysis should include using Microsoft Excel to obtain information about the data through the use of three measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode).
- Your analysis should also include the use of two measures of variability (standard deviation and variance). Some measures are appropriate for qualitative data, and some are appropriate for quantitative data.
- If a measure is not applicable, then explain why.
- You will have to also provide one chart/graph for each of the results of the two processed sections of data (2 total), such as a pie or bar chart or a histogram. (A table is not a chart/graph.) Ensure that you label the chart/graph clearly.
- You will then need to discuss what you additionally learned from the results of this process.
- Explain why charts/graphs are important in conveying information in a visual format and why standard deviation and variation are important.
Five data collection techniques are discussed in this week’s readings. Using articles from the library’s full-text databases, find examples of studies that used two different methods of data collection.
- Paragraph 1: Describe the data collection method used in one study. (Be sure to cite the article which must be from one of AIU’s full-text databases)
- Paragraph 2: Using the knowledge you gained from the textbook, discuss the pros and cons of the data collection method. (Cite the textbook)
- Paragraph 3: Describe a different data collection method used in another study. (Be sure to cite the article which must be from one of AIU’s full-text databases)
- Paragraph 4: Again, using the knowledge you learned from the textbook, discuss the pros and cons of the data collection method. (Cite the textbook)
Please do not use quotes or copy definitions. You will not receive credit for understanding the materials if you use the words of others. Keep in mind that since you did research and you have citations in the body of the post, you must also place a reference list at the end containing the textbook and the articles cited.
Do not use file attachments. It is NOT necessary to upload this assignment to the Submit Files area. Your 4 paragraph (300 words) main post must be submitted to the Discussion Board.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!