Week 5 Assignment:
An organization’s success is directly related to its ability to identify and develop leaders. One of the biggest failings of any organization is the failure to develop both current and future leaders. As you continue building your development plan for your organization, your focus this week will be on the leadership development that needs to occur in your organization.
This week, you will design a basic training and development intervention for leadership development that includes at least two different intervention methods. An intervention is a specific action or series of actions taken to address a specific problem that you have identified.
Planning and Execution:
Review the information you have gathered and the analysis you have conducted. If necessary, do some more data gathering related to leadership development and a leadership succession pipeline.
- What does your organization do to develop current leaders?
- What does your organization do to develop future leaders (a leadership succession pipeline)?
- What is needed to develop a comprehensive leadership development strategy (for both current and future leaders)?
- What specific interventions will you use to start developing current leaders?
- What specific interventions will you use to start building a leadership succession pipeline?
- What is the time frame for rolling out the interventions?
Prepare a one page word on leadership development and succession interventions memo that addresses the following issues.