Katetutor only social time clock
In this assignment, you will examine your cultural values about developmental norms for young adults.
Cultural groups typically have clearly defined expectations for when certain social events should occur. Some of these expectations may be clearly stated, while other expectations are unspoken. Reflect on your own beliefs about when a young adult should achieve the following transitions into adulthood:
- Moving into his or her own housing, separate from parents
- Securing a stable career or obtaining formal education
- Achieving financial independence
- Getting involved in a serious romantic relationship
- Getting married or cohabiting
- Having children
- Other transitions you consider important
What cultural values shape your beliefs? How would you know whether you have stepped outside a cultural norm with regard to the social clock? Does a specific developmental theory support your personal views of healthy development for a young adult?
- By Saturday, January 23, 2016, post your responses to this Discussion Area in a minimum of 200 words. Your response should rely upon at least two sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!