Introducing an online leaner support model and conducting research
A peer-reviewed journal or article is a written document that has been reviewed by experts in the field and deemed to be worth reading by other professionals. Typically, this is an extensive process in which reviewers are carefully vetted for expertise and professional experience. In this discussion, you will examine a peer-reviewed article and apply what you have learned to a professional scenario or activity.
Lowe’s PARS Model (2005), is one of several models used to examine student retention in the online classroom. When considering ways to support and retain the students in your own online class, this model provides useful ideas and instructional techniques.
Read the article by Lowe (n.d.) Responding to learner needs in distance education: Providing academic and relational support (PARS).Closely examine pages 5-6, where the PARS model is introduced, and pages 10-15 where the model is described in more detail. Think about the PARS model (below), particularly columns I and II, where novice and newer online learners are still facing academic and emotional challenges in the classroom.
Next, visit the Library to find a research study from a peer-reviewed journal that addresses ways to support and retain online learners in the classroom.
- Relationship support in online learning
- Support in online learning
- Models for online learner support
- Strategies for online learner support
Provide the following in the discussion forum:
- An APA-formatted reference to your article and the database in which you found it.
- A description of your article, including key points and findings.
- An explanation of how you might use what you learned from your article and from the PARS model to improve the support systems in your own online courses, either within or outside of the classroom.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!