HRM530 Week 3 Assignment 1: Alignment of HRM and Business Strategies
Select a publicly traded company to research and evaluate its Human Resource (HR) and business strategy, HR department job positions, and ways it markets its company regarding human capital. Some company Websites that provide this information are listed below:
• Ford Motor Company: http://corporate.ford.com/careers/career-paths/human-resources?&ccode=US
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Propose how you would ensure the HR strategy is in alignment with the business strategy.
2. Describe the HR job positions and the responsibilities listed for that HR department.
3. Determine which HR job positions you would prefer and explain why.
4. Analyze how the selected company can establish HRM strategies to improve competitive advantages.
5. Propose three (3) ways that the company can increase diversity.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Google and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources, and that includes your text.
7. Do not Google, but you should and/or must use articles that are peer reviewed from scholarly journals, principally found in the EbscoHost database to support your point of view or views in your written assignments. The objective here is to learn how to do solid academic research as a graduate student.
8. Web sites and/or articles that are not from scholarly journals will not be accepted as sources to be utilized in your papers.
Your assignment must follow these APA formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• If you don’t know or haven’t learned how to format a paper utilizing APA formatting requirements, then you must utilize the time to do so.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Examine the role of human resource management (HRM) in organizations and how it supports the organization’s business strategy.
• Evaluate human resource strategies and how these strategies align with business strategies.
• Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain the most efficient and effective workforce.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
• Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.