For prof ann only | Social Science homework help
Building a Case Conceptualization – Gathering Data
Your ability to use the multidisciplinary approach depends on your mastery of the core set of capabilities described in the introduction to Unit 4. One of those capabilities is the research skill of gathering data, which involves not only the collection process, but also the thinking processes involved in synthesizing what you find and integrating it into a coherent picture of the client and the situation. This assignment, the first of three in your capstone project, is designed to have you apply this capability to the case that you selected.
Your assignment is to write a case conceptualization, a description of the case and an interpretation of the issues and problems involved. The studies and discussions in Units 4 and 5 were designed to provide the rich data and information upon which you will draw to arrive at your understanding of this client and his situation.
In Unit 4, you chose one of these two case clients as the basis of your project work:
- Case 1: Joseph, an 8-year-old first grader recently placed in foster care after an emergency removal from his home.
- Case 2: Mark, a 28-year-old inmate in the transition unit at a correctional facility who is expected to be released in two months.
Be sure to read the initial case information for your case located in the Resources. In addition, the media piece Interactive Case File provides greater detail on both clients.
You began gathering information about your case client in Unit 4, using information in the course files and the media piece Interactive Case File. Now pull this information together, analyze what you have, and write a case conceptualization, following this format:
- Background: Provide a clear and concise background of the case, showing a holistic view of the client.
- Problem Identification: Provide an analysis of the main issues in the case. Clearly connect how issues and needs presented by the client are affecting his emotions and behaviors.
- Case Summary: Present a concise conceptualization of what the needs are and a rationale as to why they should be the focus of your recommendations. Keep in mind that this section is what you will present to the collaborative team, so you want to make sure that you are presenting a clear snapshot of the person and the areas that need to be identified. If more than one need or issue is present, make sure to rank these needs and support why one needs to be addressed over another. The goal is not to make recommendations, but rather to provide a solid starting point for the collaborative team to begin thinking about recommendations.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 5 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!