Finance-pricing forwards and futures | Finance 560 | Colorado State University–Global Campus
Option #1: Pricing Forwards and Futures
Respond to the following questions.
- Suppose there is an active lease market for gold in which arbitrageurs can short or lend out gold at a lease rate of 1%. Assume gold has no other costs/benefits of carry. Consider a three-month forward contract on gold.
- If the spot price of gold is $360/oz and the three-month interest rate is 4%, what is the arbitrage-free forward price of gold?
- Suppose the actual forward price is given to be $366/oz. Is there an arbitrage opportunity? If so, how can it be exploited?
- A three-month forward contract on a non-dividend-paying asset is trading at $95, while the spot price is $82.
- Calculate the implied repo rate.
- Suppose it is possible for you to borrow at 8% for three months. Does this give rise to any arbitrage opportunities? Why or why not?
Complete your response in 2-4 pages using Microsoft Word or Excel. For calculations, you must show work to receive credit. Your well-written response should be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., with any sources properly cited. Upload your completed work to the Week 3 Assignments page.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!