Discussion1 | Education homework help
Discussion: Variables of Conflict
Conflict occurs in a variety of interactions. Your textbook refers to conflict in broad terms and includes interpersonal and intergroup conflict. In this course, you focus on intergroup conflict, although the basic premise of conflict is the same in all cases. In intergroup conflict, one group may have different beliefs, values, thoughts, and behaviors than another group. Intergroup conflicts may occur between two families, work teams, communities, regions, or even nations. The Learning Resources help you understand the elements necessary to label a situation as a conflict. They also explain psychological variables—cognitive, emotional, and behavioral—involved in conflict that help to define the way that people approach and respond to conflict.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 1 in your course text, The Dynamics of Conflict Resolution. Pay particular attention to the section on what causes conflict.
- Review the assigned pages from Chapter 2 in your course text, The Dynamics of Conflict Resolution
- Focus on cognitive, emotional, and behavioral variables of conflict.
- Think about an intergroup conflict in which you were or are involved.
- Consider the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral variables in the conflict—in the conflict itself and in how you approached, felt about, and addressed the conflict.
- Think about how you would define conflict, including the elements necessary for you to consider a situation to be conflict.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief description of the conflict that you selected. Explain the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral variables involved in the conflict itself and in how you approached, felt about, and addressed the conflict. Explain how you would define conflict, including the elements that you believe need to be present for a situation to be labeled a conflict.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!