Addiction and substance abuse counseling
There are 2 parts and each part needs to have minimum 450 words.900 words in total excluding the questions.
Need it in 24 hours please.
1. Brainstorm a list of synonyms for getting drunk. Next, brainstorm to think of synonyms for a drunk.Write down your responses.What did you notice about the list of words? Usually the words about getting drunk— smashed, bombed, stoned, and so on— seem violent but exciting. The words associated with a drunk— a bum, a no- good, a lush, and so on— are usually derogatory. What messages do the media give about alcohol, tobacco, and over- the- counter drugs? What messages do the media give about alcoholics and drug addicts?
2. Read the following description of the fictitious people and rank them from 1 to 10 on the basis of how strongly you feel about their negative characteristics. Number 1 would represent the character you feel has the most negative characteristics and number 10 would have the fewest negative characteristics. For example, one might rank a person who deliberately gives a child an apple in which she has hidden razor blades as number 1 and a person who cheats on his diet by having a candy bar as number 10.
1. · Rita is a mother who uses diet pills, tranquilizers, and booze, but gets upset when her kids use drugs.
2. · Mrs. Elling, a school counselor, tells the parents of a student who has confided in her about his involvement with drugs.
3. · Stan is a good provider, but he gets drunk occasionally and beats his wife.
4. · Jackson sells a mixture of Nestlé’s Quik and saccharine as mescaline for $ 3 a hit.
5. · Mariah obtains a large supply of “reds” ( barbiturates) and passes them around at school.
6. · Mohammed, a 22- year- old man, has been drinking heavily at a party and decides to drive his buddies home in his parents’ car.
7. · Police Officer Gaudette knows of a 9th- grade drinking party and decides not to investigate because “kids will be kids.”
8. · Lee, a 17- year- old, turns his 12- year- old brother on to drugs.
9. · Eldon constantly argues with his wife and causes family problems because he drinks and cannot hold a job.
10. · Janice is addicted to heroin and steals in order to support her habit.
After you have ranked all the people in the list, think about criteria you used to decide ranking. Discuss the values and attitudes that went into the ranking. How could these values and attitudes affect your future counseling work? Describe how attitudes can affect a counselor‘s interaction with clients.
Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!